Apica Inside Agent
For greater visibility and faster time to problem resolution, Apica offers an inside agent to monitor servers, operating systems, Web servers, load balancers and more.
Easy to install and run the agent provides even deeper visibility into system CPU, memory, disk usage and related information. Full API integration with AppDynamics software agent adds even greater depth, correlated directly with Apica WebPerformance data.
- Browser-based Selenium functional checks run from behind the firewall
- Supports device monitoring using SNMP
- Application and servers operating system monitoring including Web, database, firewalls, load balancers and more
- Fast, easy installation
- Software and hardware options available
- AppDynamics application performance management software integration
- Amazon CloudWatch AWS Cloud resource monitoring integration
- Secure communication using TCP443 (SSL) or TCP1236 (ApicaSocket)
- Collects Windows Perfmon values and Linux data (CollectD)
Setup and Communication
Setup is easy. Available as software or a hardware appliance the agent runs on Windows and Linux operating systems. Data transmission over SSL or dedicated, outbound-only ports ensures enterprise-grade security.
Apica provides full API integration with AppDynamics application performance management software agent to gather and correlate external response time values with internal performance data. AppDynamics software organizes Web application activity using “business transactions” as the primary unit of monitoring and troubleshooting, providing far better insight than traditional server-centric application management tools.