Monitor and Test the Website Speed of sites in Different Browsers
Understanding true end user experience also requires monitoring real browser performance from the many possible locations users may be located throughout the world. Apica has among the largest network of agents running real browsers in 90 cities and 40 countries worldwide. From most any location necessary, Apica WebPerformance monitors real browser user activity in either a basic or advanced modes.
Both modes provide a controlled view of what the browser does as the experience is captured: •Basic Monitoring: simply enter the target URL and performance activity is presented automatically, no programming required•Advanced Monitoring: create or use existing Selenium IDE scripts to execute step-by-step end-user simulated actions on pages and/or applications
Real browser monitoring from actual user locations worldwide result in powerful insight into bottlenecks and proactive performance planning, along with:
- Actual end user response times for all components
- Latency impacts from various regions
- Load time delays for external components like Twitter, Facebook, served advertisements, news feeds, and other content sources
- Functional validation of both static and user-driven data
- Far greater monitoring stability based on real browser interaction vs typical scripts
- Rich GUI. Intuitive waterfall graphs help identify performance bottlenecks. Drill down to analysis of each monitored component. Quickly view step-by-step end user screen shots of all activity.
- Drill down to bottlenecks. For each run, see the waterfall graphs showing how a page rendered individual objects. The last 10 runs on each object and a summary per domain make it easy to quickly spot bottlenecks. Screen captures tell the real story. Cryptic monitoring error messages not only limit the story, they can mislead the analyst. Automatic screen capture of every state change including error messages and a return to normal tell a far more complete story. Seeing exactly what went wrong, when, provides unique insight.
- Advanced user scenario analysis. Use Selenium’s popular functional test to monitor more advanced user tasks, like making a purchase, searching for a flight, logging on to a web page, and more. Just record the script with the Selenium Firefox recorder and upload to WPM.
- Reuse existing Selenium scripts. Selenium scripts uploaded to the WPM portal are available for reuse anytime on an ad hoc or continuous basis.
- Compare locations. Deploy scripts to multiple strategic locations to determine how they compare.
Supported Real Browsers
- Internet Explorer